A recent incident is making the rounds involving private photos of celebrities, iCloud and a hacker.
The hacker ‘broke’ into a few celeb accounts, pillaged and published.
The celebs lost their private moments.
A number of points here:
- If you are of value, you will be a target. Pretty obvious here.
- There would be no way that the celeb would know that they were under attack. The attack was not done on their phone, the attack was done ‘on the cloud’.
- Poor application security allowed for this to happened. To be precise, a combination of poor application security and poor passwords allowed for this to happen.
- If you are a potential target, consider what your potential loss is or speak to a professional.
- Finally, if you want your pics to be private, don’t use a cloud service. Remember, anything on the net is considered to be public!